PROGRAM SUPPORTS NON-PROFIT CHANGE-MAKERS
December 17, 2018
NORTH VANCOUVER, Canada, December 17, 2018 – Arc’teryx is proud to announce six new global non-profit recipients of the In My Back Yard (IMBY) Grant program, which contributes to projects that protect wild spaces and enable access and activity.
"Arc’teryx is proud to support these great organizations," says Drummond Lawson, Director of Sustainability, Arc’teryx. "We love the work these organizations are doing and our team is excited to help them achieve more positive impact in the future."
The IMBY Grant program provides the unique opportunity for the non-profits and Arc’teryx to come together to apply their shared values to solve impactful problems. The new IMBY Grant recipients include:
- Big City Mountaineers (U.S.) works alongside the transformative powers of mother nature to leave a lasting impact on the lives of under-resourced youth through wilderness expeditions.
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (Canada) supports the protection of large, connected areas of Canada’s wilderness.
- Forest and the Femme (Canada) provides access to nature for women in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside community.
- Leave No Trace Centre for Outdoor Ethics (U.S.) protects the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly through citizen science.
- Protect Our Winters (Canada) unites enthusiasts, professional athletes and industry brands using the outdoor community to address climate change.
- Venture Trust (U.K.) delivers needs-led personal development in communities and the Scottish wilderness, supporting life skill and confidence development.
For more information on the IMBY Grant program, visit our Sustainability page.